1. Deep Breathing. Three slow deep breaths through the nose help oxygenate the blood supply better, and especially seems to wake up the brain. As those of you who meditate may already know, breathing through the nose uses your diaphragm more and draws the air deeper into your lungs.
2. Move Around. Often just getting up and washing the dishes, or walking around the house helps boost energy levels.
3. Listen to energetic music. Different types of music have different effects on us, but you can do this one by trial and error. Once you find the ones that work for you, keep them ready.
4. Try "energy drinks." The verdict isn't in on most of them, but it's a cheap option to try. I seem to get something from the ones with Ginkgo Biloba in them.
5. Get better sleep. As long as you get at least five hours of sleep, the quality seems to be more important than the quantity. Read more